The position will involve being responsible for a mixed portfolio of clients including Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies, dealing with accounts, tax, bookkeeping and VAT. You will also assist other areas of the business as and when required.
My client are a forward thinking accountancy practice based in Waterlooville. They are going through a period of growth and looking to bring in an accounting professional looking to manage their own portfolio of clients as a Client Account Manager.
Client Account Manager responsibilities:
- Prepare, send and submit accounts and tax returns for a mix of clients including Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Liaise with clients via telephone, email and in person, attending meetings where necessary and dealing with any queries and chasing necessary documentation
- Be involved with the onboarding of new clients, integrating them into your own portfolio
- Advising clients on their tax position
- To improve and plan the tax efficiency of clients
- To review and advise clients on advisory level to include cashflow, budgets, pricing etc.
- Complete, review and prepare bookkeeping, VAT returns and CIS where required
- Deal with HMRC queries and resolving issues as and when required
- Maintain electronic filing of books and records
- Management of client administration and records
- Manage and maintain professional development and learning and carry out relevant CPD required by your professional body
- Attend network events when required
- Ensure all deadlines are met with HMRC, SLA etc.
- Prepare and run year end client meetings
- Internal and external training e.g., client bookkeeping training
- Carry out client fee reviews
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties to assist the business as and when required
The successful Client Account Manager will have
- Relevant experience within a practice environment (3 years preferably)
- AAT, ACCA, ACA Qualified or nearing the end of their studies
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Quickbooks, Xero
- Experience managing/working with a portfolio of clients
£35,000 - £45,000 DoE