Due to maternity leave, Chilly’s are on the look-out for a Senior Financial Accountant for a 12 month fixed term contract, starting February/March 2023.
Founded in 2010, Chilly’s are driven by their aim of providing people with the ability to always have cold water on-the-go, without having to buy single-use plastic water bottles. The result was the Chilly’s bottle, a modern and stylish product designed to combine the convenience of a plastic water bottle with the eco-friendly benefits of a traditional flask.
In pursuit of our mission to accelerate the adoption and everyday use of reusable products we have now expanded the range to include a wider selection of reusable products with many more exciting products in development! Our products are created for an active urban lifestyle, with the perfect balance of distinctive style and unrivalled performance.
Chilly’s have a fantastic London office in Shoreditch. We believe in flexibility and value collaboration, and we are all currently working in a hybrid pattern, working 2 or 3 days per week in our office and the rest of our week remotely.
Chilly’s are at an exciting stage of change and growth, and are looking for a talented and passionate individual to join their expanding team.
What you’ll be working on:
- Production of accurate and timely monthly management accounts with analysis and explanation of identified variances to prior periods and budgets.
- Preparation of detailed profitability analysis reports, overhead cost reviews and monitoring of KPIs.
- Completion of complex monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including stock and review of reconciliations and reports produced by the team.
- Monitor and management of multi-currency cashflows
- Preparation of quarterly UK VAT return.
- Assist financial controller with production of budget, quarterly re-forecasts and departmental budgets.
- Review of monthly IOSS and other EU VAT returns.
- To be first point of contact for external auditors.
- To deputise in the absence of the financial controller
- Produce adhoc reports as requested by the financial controller.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or recognised equivalent accountancy professional qualification.
- 2 years PQE qualified experience, gained within a fast-paced online retail environment.
- Excellent and up to date knowledge of UKGAAP essential.
- Experience of managing staff within the Accounts department preferred.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Finance experience in wholesale, retail, Amazon and similar platforms, importing, stock, cost accounting and foreign currency is essential.
- Cross border VAT and other tax regulations experience is essential.
- Ability to support operational and commercial functions of the business.
- Team player and the ability to prioritise and work autonomously where required
The type of person we’d like to work with:
At Chilly’s, we’re united by a set of values that guide our unique way of working. They are:
Lead the Change
To lead the change we must never settle. It means being brave enough to set standards and, as leaders, ambitious enough to exceed them.
Less but Better
We work deliberately and decisively, focusing on what we believe in and being brave enough to say no to the things we don’t.
We care as much about each other’s contribution as we do our own, so we support one another to grow, and we turn to one another to learn.
This is a unique opportunity to join a top 10 Sunday Times Fast Track listed company in a critical leadership role.
What we offer:
- Holiday: 25 days plus 1 day for your birthday
- Pension contribution
- Bupa cash plan and Bupa healthcare
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Employee discounts on all Chilly’s products
- A range of benefits, discounts and deals through our ‘perks at work’ initiative
- Development to support your growth with Chilly’s
- Flexible working culture
- Physical and mental wellbeing support