- Sumerian Partners Ltd
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Up to £38,000, depending on experience.
- Closing date
- 14 Feb 2023
- Banking, finance and investment, Business and management, Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Contract type
- Full Time, Part Time
- Where will they be working?
Would you like to work with growing, dynamic social enterprises and charities, providing impact first investment and using your business skills to help them grow and deliver social impact across the UK?
Sumerian Foundation, an independent UK registered charity, is an impact-first investor – we have a ‘venture philanthropy’ approach to supporting charities and social enterprises achieve lasting impact at scale. Sumerian Foundation currently manages a UK Social Inequality facility, through which we provide appropriate funding tailored to the needs of each organisation, skills support, impact management, and mentoring.
Sumerian Partners acts as an advisor to support other foundations enhance the effective deployment of philanthropic capital, as well as supporting both charities and social enterprises as they transition to scale. Sumerian Partners has also developed a Learning Platform to help other trusts and foundations as they seek to shift away from more traditional approaches.
The primary purpose of the role is to support Sumerian Foundation manage, scale-up and promote the UK Social Inequality Facility and ensure it meets its strategic impact and financial KPIs. As required, the role will also support other activities related to the mission of Sumerian Foundation and will support the provision of advisory services by Sumerian Partners. The role is full-time with flexibility to work from home, and we will consider part-time.
UK Social Inequality Facility
Working closely with others in Sumerian, contribute to the effective management of this Facility and ensuring all tasks are conducted in line with processes and systems in the Sumerian Foundation Operations Manual including:
Performing Due Diligence
Advising on structuring most appropriate financial instrument and terms
Preparing Internal investment memos
Skills support and mentoring
Reporting and performance oversight against impact and financial KPIs
As nominated by the investment committee, the Junior Associate will play a supporting role in all operational aspects of screening and supporting charities and social enterprises, and will be responsible for organizing/recording weekly investment committee meetings.
Working with others in Sumerian, contribute to the provision of advisory services as required.
Expertise and qualifications required
Right to work in the UK
Experience in a role involving financial skills/analysis
Qualified or part qualified accountancy (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or similar
Operational business experience – ideally in a start-up/growing business or charity
Knowledge and networks related to UK social enterprise market
Experience in sustainable development and/or generation of social impact
- Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter
- Confident and assertive – yet also humble and willing to learn
- Enjoys working in small teams
- Proven ability to lead others and develop talent
- Ability to mentor others and develop trusted open relationships
- Results orientated and with an entrepreneurial flair
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong financial acumen and ability to work in Excel
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to take decisions at both the strategic level as well as the project level
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Powerpoint presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To the Senior Associate.
It is expected there will be travel throughout the UK and potentially short assignments overseas.
Dependent on experience, in the range £30,000 to £38,000.
We are committed to fairness, diversity, equity and inclusion; we believe in the power of diversity and aim to recruit and nurture diverse talent.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert