- Michael Page
- Keighley, West Yorkshire, England
- GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum + Pension
- Closing date
- 10 Feb 2023
- Transport and logistics
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
My client are currently on the search for the ideal candidate to join their team and help take leadership of the Finance & HR team. They are looking for the ideal candidate to be able to come into the business and be able to take control of all financial aspects of the company. The ideal candidate must be hands-on and a self-motivated individual for this role, someone who is also able to take leadership!
My client work within the haulage sector, they are based within Keighley and have operations across the UK and Europe. With an impressive year of growth and accelerated plans for 2023 and beyond, they are now recruiting for a Finance Manager to join their team.
Your responsibilities are as follow:
- Help with the production of monthly management accounts
- Perform monthly balance sheets reconciliations
- Review the income and costs to help ensure information is accurate
- Update rolling forecasts for the business, this includes the cash flow statement, balance sheet and profit and loss statement
- Review of weekly payroll
- Approve and authorise weekly purchase ledger payments
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Review and authorise credit limit for customers
- Help provide financial support to commercial decision making
- Manage the Finance and HR team and help support their development and learning
What we need from you:
- Accounting qualification ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Experience in finance at least 3 years within senior management
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate and coach others successfully
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to help articulate financial data.
What is on offer:
- Competitive salary
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Company pension
If this role seems like it is for you, apply below for your application to be reviewed.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert