Senior Management Accountant
HAYS are delighted to be partnering with one of our key transport and logistics clients based in Birmingham, to recruit for a Senior Management Accountant on a permanent basis. This role will report to the Assistant Financial Controller and will have a specific focus on revenue reporting, cost accruals, and transactional accounting processing relating to tax and capital accounting. The successful candidate will also be responsible for allocated balance sheet reconciliations and compliance with relevant SOx regulations. This role would suit a qualified or finalist management accountant candidate who has a background in a Shared Services Environment.
This role is being offered on a hybrid working basis, and is paying up to £45,000 per annum dependent on experience.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Preparation and posting of month end journals and accruals.
- Preparation of month end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform analytical reviews of Revenue
- Provide clear commentary on Revenue for monthly review packs, supporting the Finance Business Partners.
- Get involved in process improvement
- Assist with audit queries
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Be a qualified or finalist accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) with a minimum of 2-years' experience.
- Be a team player with experience of working in an SSC environment or large complex businesses.
- Have a good understanding of relevant IFRS's and fundamental accounting principles.
- Have experience reconciling large data sets using multiple IT systems.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively, meeting tight deadlines.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.