Senior Accountant - National Practice
- Michael Page
- Nottingham, England, Nottinghamshire
- GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum
- Closing date
- 10 Feb 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
An accounts based role at a leading accountancy practice in the Midlands - you will be using multiple cloud based software to provide compliance services to a portfolio of ltd companies and sole traders.
A top 20 UK accountancy practice with a large office in the heart of Nottingham.
- Preparation of financial statements, year-end accounts, other accounting and financial returns
- The primary focus of the role will be to assist in preparing accounts for a variety of business. These accounts will be for direct review by partners.
- To have a very strong focus on the benefits to our clients of cloud accounting, specifically Xero, and to help champion Xero for the Nottingham office particularly in light of the implications of Making Tax Digital
- Able to help clients interpret their accounting data and provide innovative and long-lasting solutions to their accounting problems;
- Train and mentor junior members of staff in bookkeeping and accounts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to proactively engage with clients;
- Strong team player who has the ability to work under minimal supervision and work closely with the manager team in driving projects forward
You must have at least 5 years of practice experience in a role that has exposed you to similar work, ideally you will be ACCA or ACA qualified and have experience of leading a portfolio.
- Study Package, including overtime / time off in lieu
- 28 days holiday - Christmas shutdown in addition
- The ability to purchase extra days leave in salary sacrifice
- Private medical and dental insurance at discounted rates
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
- Pension Scheme arrangements
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert