My client is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. They work closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward-and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead.
In connection with an exciting period of change and growth of the business we are looking for candidates for the position of Financial Controller
About the Job
You will be accountable for the accounting operations of the company, this will include the production of periodic financial reports, development and maintenance of a strong system of accounting records, comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/P and GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with Government, and HMRC filing and reporting requirements
About the Ideal Candidate Experience
- Extensive combined accounting and finance experience
- Experience at Controller level preferred
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) qualified or equivalent
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Have a focus on value creation
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks with strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate personal time management skills.
What do we offer?
You will get the chance to accelerate performance with environmentally positive solutions, as well as growing and improving yourself and the communities you are part of. You can expect a career path focused on growth and a competitive salary package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.