We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
The PwC Energy, Utilities and Resources tax team is recruiting. We are looking for market facing people at all levels with experience in corporate tax to join us. We work with clients across the whole of the energy sector. Fancy supporting the acquisition of an offshore windfarm? Curious about Hydrogen production? Want to play your part in energy transition? Then we’re interested in hearing from you. Due to the energy transition and the race to net zero, the energy sector is a fast growing and exciting sector and one in which PwC is a leading tax advisor. This presents a great opportunity for our business, and significant development opportunities for our team. We’d like you to join us. You will work closely with our market leading clients working on their oil and gas, mining, commodity trading, onshore, offshore and floating wind, solar, bioenergy, electric vehicle and energy storage projects and help our clients meet their energy transition ambitions.
Our Energy, Utilities and Resources tax team is based across the country. The main hubs are London, Manchester and Aberdeen with further team members in Newcastle and Leeds. You would be attached to whichever office suits you, but you would be working as part of one national team on a range of clients across the country and around the world.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, value diversity and the uniqueness of each member of our team. Diversity, inclusion and fair work access are our core values. The team is fully supportive and actively encourages flexible working and is location agnostic. We would work with you to agree the right balance and arrangement that works for you and us.
You would be responsible for the delivery of tax advisory services to energy clients and green energy funds, often with international ambitions, managing aspects of the client relationship and working on their acquisitions, disposals, IPOs, new investments and ongoing operations. Whilst desirable, prior experience of the sector is not essential as you will receive full support and training from our experienced team.
Specific responsibilities would depend on role level but would generally include:
- Working with our team to develop client relationships,
- Managing a portfolio of energy clients, being their primary contact for day to day tax matters;
- Delivery of acquisition or disposal transactions;
- Leading a team of more junior staff to help them develop and grow;
- Staying current on sector developments and considering how this impacts our clients;
- Developing internal relationships with other Tax and Energy, Utilities and Resources sector specialists;
- Managing our billing, cash and financial metrics.
Desirable skills and experience would include
- Practice-trained finance professional, with relevant qualification (e.g. ACA/ACCA/CTA).
- Experience of advising large corporate clients on UK and international tax matters.
- Proven client relationship skills under transaction pressure and effectively managing internal teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sustaining relationships over a period of time.
- Demonstrated business acumen through an interest in and either experience of sector issues or an enthusiasm to learn, ultimately being confident discussing these issues with clients.
- Evidence of a business development mindset and contribution to business development activity.
- Tax structuring or previous deals tax experience
- Familiarity with accounting principles is useful
- Ability to write clear articulate reports, summarising complex tax matters.
- Ability to manage your own time and work to a deadline.
- Commitment to developing self, proactive mindset and desire to make the role your own.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.