Kirk Rice is a leading accountancy and financial services firm, providing comprehensive accounting, wealth management and financial advisory services for businesses and individuals alike.
We’re on a significant growth journey – and we’re always looking for people who share our ambition to join our team. If you’re committed to professional development, dedicated to developing practices that strengthen and complement what we can achieve and, most importantly, are excited by our mission, then we want to hear from you.
Through offering outstanding, personable accountancy and financial services for more than 30 years, we’ve made a positive difference to our clients’ businesses and lives. We’ve created an environment where authentic relationships with both clients and employees can flourish, so that we can all grow and be successful together, and we’re now in the position to grow our team and welcome new team members who share our vision and values.
What we’re looking for
Our continued growth is a direct result of our commitment to putting client care at the centre of what we do, by taking pride in delivering outstanding work and understanding our role within our company and how we contribute to its culture. This can only be achieved thanks to our dedicated team who are empowered to be the best they can be in the positive, open and supportive culture we’ve been fostering over the last three decades.
We have a significant growth plan for the next 5 years and we’re looking to recruit a motivated individual with a commercial edge who’s seeking a real challenge, at director level, to deliver a new service line in Indirect Taxation.
This is a new opportunity for an Indirect Tax director to join the firm and support clients across the whole business. The successful candidate will be responsible for advising clients with regard to VAT and other Indirect Taxation, and supporting the Partners and our wider team.
This is a progressive role and the successful candidate will have a real opportunity to choose their own impact and build a future that suits them and their aspirations. This is evident in the fact that we’re open to either full-time or part-time applicants and, as you’d expect, hybrid working options are available.
What will be expected of you
- As our new Indirect Tax Director, you’ll have the opportunity to manage a varied portfolio of clients, establishing and maintaining good relationships with them and being the main point of contact with regard to Indirect Taxation. Meeting clients and undertaking all aspects of compliance / advisory / planning work for them, managing client expectations with respect to timings and fees. Meeting prospective clients of the firm and controlling all aspects of the set-up of engagements for new clients. Managing your own time and workflow, undertaking client fee negotiations and invoicing, ensuring a commercial return on the work undertaken, and dealing with fee disputes should they arise. Training and overseeing work of junior trainees. Promoting the full range of services offered by the firm to existing and potential clients. Keeping the engagement Partner adequately informed on the progress of work and new engagements. Representing the firm at external networking events and developing a personal network of professional contacts.
The experience we seek
We dedicate ourselves to excellent client care, both through the work we deliver and also through the friendliness and genuineness that we bring to relationships. To succeed in this role, we would ideally be looking for someone with experience of:
- VAT compliance Property taxation International trade and e-commerce Customs and excise duties Environmental taxes HMRC enquiries Dealing with OMBs, UK subsidiaries of overseas parent entities, charities
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience, working in indirect taxation. CTA / ACCA / ACA qualified (one or more). Computer literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of CCH is desirable.
But we’re open to hearing from candidates who break the mould and may have complementary skills and experience to support our clients.
What does our culture look like in practice?
As a new employee you’ll be warmly welcomed into the Kirk Rice family. We believe in being approachable, open and friendly, and allowing everyone to thrive in our supportive environment. Our work is challenging and varied but we enjoy ourselves – and this comes across in our genuine relationships with our clients. We know that our success is down to our people who are integral to the exceptional work we deliver: if that excites you as it excites us, we’d love to meet you.
What you can expect in return
We offer a comprehensive salary and bonus package. But a role at Kirk Rice is more than a salary. In addition you’ll enjoy the following benefits as standard:
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday plus UK Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Critical Illness Cover
- Group contributory pension scheme
- 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Access to discounted rates on PMI
- Corporate Discounts