As an Audit Manager, you will lead a substantial number of financial services audits, with a focus on banking, helping to achieve a high standard of client service in an effective manner.
This growing top 15 accountancy firm has award-winning training, genuine work life balance, clear succession paths, supportive leadership teams and can offer a broader role, which will involve business development and strategy.
This banking audit team is looking to hire Audit Managers. This role may appeal to Audit Assistant Managers with banking audit experience in a Big 4 or top 10 firm who may be looking for a promotion to a Manager role and faster progression to senior management.
- Complete audits in accordance with prescribed audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff and partners where required
- Produce detailed audit planning, including details of potential difficulties and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence
- Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensuring that deadlines and budgets are well managed
- Review or complete audit cycles the file before passing files on to the senior member of the team for review
- Responsible for final analytical reviews
- Draft letters to audit clients
- Produce and review sets of financial statements
- Produce a short summary on key client issues and the contents of the accounts before passing to the senior member of the team
- Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff - give detailed help and training as required, to enhance future effectiveness
- Monitor the performance of staff working on jobs, including giving feedback after files have been reviewed and completing audit review form at the end of each job
This role may appeal to Audit Assistant Managers with banking audit experience in a Big 4 or top 10 firm who may be looking for a promotion to a Manager role and faster progression to senior management.
Qualifications and Skills
- ACA or ACCA, fully qualified with practice experience
- Previous audit experience with banking clients preferred
- Very competitive salary
- Manager bonus scheme
- Genuine work life balance
- Clear succession paths
- Collaborative, social and supportive environment
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Private healthcare
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- Visa sponsorship is available