Head of Finance is accountable to the Chief Executive and Managers for providing strategic financial and business services direction and oversight across the organisation. You will be responsible for budgeting, financial management, and reporting, and you will collaborate closely with the Chief Executive to give efficient financial direction to the Treasurer and the Board of Trustees.
Our client is a nationwide organisation owned and directed by Deaf people for Deaf people who use British Sign Language (BSL). Our client focuses on national campaigns for equal rights as well as efforts at the local level to empower Deaf people to gain access to local public services. As a Deaf-led membership organisation, 85% of our client's workforce is Deaf, as are all their Board members.
- You will oversee management of yearly accounts, budgets, business analysis, and management information.
- You will oversee the Finance team and provide great business service and support to around 25 employees across the UK.
- You will provide financial leadership by monitoring all aspects of the organisation's finances and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and rules.
- You will be responsible for setting up of efficient policies, procedures, systems, and practices to support the organisation's smooth operation, as well as being proactive in developing new systems and processes to suit the demands of the organisation as it grows.
- You will be responsible for budgeting, financial management, and reporting, and you will collaborate closely with the Chief Executive to give efficient financial direction to the Treasurer and the Board of Trustees.
- You will be responsible for organising and managing the financial planning cycles, governance, and management reporting procedures, as well as managing interactions with external stakeholders to ensure value for money, contractual compliance, evaluation, and quality assurance processes.
- An ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent trained accountant with strong Excel skills is required.
- A track record of excellent leadership and management, including the ability to maintain a strong and motivated team and contribute to strategic planning processes.
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining internal and external business networks and relationships at the senior level.
- Understanding of taxation issues such as VAT and payroll.
- A thorough awareness of the charitable environment.
- £45,000 - £55,000 per annum.
- Opportunity to work part time
- 27 days annual leave a year plus 10 bank holidays annually
- 1 day in the office a week.