We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Our Indirect Tax team is market leading, providing advisory, operational and compliance services to PwC’s largest and most important clients. We advise across all aspects of indirect tax, with specialists in VAT, customs, excise, stamp taxes and environmental taxes.
Our team is fueled by curious minds who work together to provide innovative solutions to navigate challenges, both locally and globally. As part of the team you’ll continue to build your tax technical skills as you work with a variety of clients across all business sectors, whilst at the same time have the opportunity to develop your operational consulting and technology skills as you support clients in how they deal with the day to day practicalities of meeting the requirements of an increasingly complex legal and regulatory landscape.
As part of the team you will experience unparalleled opportunities to develop your career, build your skills and experience working on complex and challenging assignments. If you are ready to accelerate your career in indirect tax then this is the opportunity for you.
We are keen to hear from anybody with an enthusiasm for Indirect Tax regardless of your specialised area, grade or location. If you are interested we encourage you to apply.
You will work as an integral part of a team of problem solvers, helping our clients tackle their complex issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building relationships with our clients and other internal (UK and global PwC network) teams
- Working alongside others in the Indirect Tax team and other PwC teams to win new clients and work
- Providing innovative solutions and advice aligned to our clients’ commercial needs
- Delivery of the highest quality advice to clients
- Managing and helping to develop others in the team
- Working in multidisciplinary Indirect Tax teams (e.g. with customs, legal and systems specialists)
- Keeping up to date with indirect tax legislation and practical changes
- Supporting the creation of and working with cutting edge technology to solve client problems
- The opportunity to work with senior leaders in our indirect tax practice, who will invest in your development and provide you with access to business mentors to help maximise your potential
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent VAT technical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- A commitment to team working
- A commitment to delivering excellent client service
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to apply good judgement, consult appropriately and manage risks
- Good self-organisational skills
- Resilience and ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly and through virtual networks
- Ability to manage and support junior staff
- A strong interest and understanding of the benefits of technology and innovation
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.