Supervise and review all functions in relation to Corporation Tax compliance for the group companies including preparation and submission of entity and group-wide annual filings alongside the other Tax Manager. Support the Director of Tax on internal advisory work and co-manage the team alongside the other Managers and Director of Tax. Supervise and review returns prepared for other taxes including ATED, and SDLT from time to time.
They are a commercial and residential property company who, as owner, manager and developer, is responsible for the regeneration of 128 acres of the once-derelict Docklands district of East London. Their purpose is to transform urban spaces into extraordinary environments.
- Project manage the CT compliance process, to ensure timely submission of all returns (CT and other).
- Review partnership and corporation tax returns prepared by team members, and prepare some more complex tax returns directly.
- Review entity and consolidated financial statements and related tax disclosures.
- Review/prepare group relief matrix, REIT financial statements, review PID tax deductions and review Forms R185.
- Prepare and review calculations for returns under the corporate interest restriction legislation, and liaise with external advisors.
- Manage and review transfer pricing calculations for the returns
- Prepare and review schedules for quarterly reporting to shareholders e.g. capital allowances and losses, and ongoing tax risks.
- Manage tax elements of the audit process.
- Manage SAO compliance and associated matters
- Review quarterly tax forecasts and manage tax payments alongside PID requirements.
- Prepare SDLT returns (generally these are straightforward, complex returns are usually prepared by third party advisors)
- Review ATED, and others as necessary
- Develop close working relationships with other departments, in particular Treasury, Legal and Accounts
- Keep up to date technically, attend courses as appropriate.
You will likely be operating as a Manager or Senior Manager in private practice or equivalent in industry. You will be degree educated and professionally qualified or have extensive suitable experience in similar roles, with excellent technical skills. In addition you will possess the following characteristics:
- Experience of Property and Real Estate corporate tax compliance in an FRS 102 environment is essential and knowledge of the UK REIT regime is desirable (but not essential).
- Previous experience of managing staff, together with strong leadership skills.
- Applicants must have a working knowledge of proprietary third party tax return software, and must be IT proficient.
- Self-starter with excellent communication and organisational skills are essential.
- Suitable professional qualification (eg CTA/ACA/ACCA) is desirable.
State of the art offices, 4 days a week required in the office.