Audit Senior / Supervisor job opportunity based in St Albans, Hertfordshire. Qualified ACCA or ACA.
Do you want to develop your career in an established accountancy and advisory practice with a reputation for fresh thinking and flexibility? We are looking for a highly motivated individual will have responsibility for a full portfolio of SME general practice clients and will take full responsibility for client requirements. They will be commercial and proactive in fee development and regularly attend networking and BD events/functions.
The role: Due to continued growth in the last 2 years we are looking for a full time Audit Senior to join this team. The successful candidate will be a positive, organised and details-oriented person who manages their time effectively and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong IT skills are required; however, all in-house systems training will be provided. Their client base is made up of a range of SME's and includes, manufacturers, a wide range of professional service firms, IT developers, property investors and developers, hospitality businesses and not for profit entities. You will be in direct contact with clients face-to-face, over the phone/video meetings and by email, and so excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- helping to deliver a technically accurate audit files within a commercial framework
- preparation of statutory accounts
- preparation of basic corporation tax computations
- Effectively delegate work to, and mentor, the team
- Provide feedback to junior and senior team members of quality of work/performance
Skills and experience
- Confident, articulate and an effective communicator at all levels
- Well-presented and professional
- Patience in training colleagues
- ACA/ACCA Fully Qualified
- Up to date knowledge of corporate taxes
- Strong time management skills
- Commercial and proactive approach to client engagement
This firm takes a refreshingly modern approach to accountancy. They work closely and proactively with clients to help them remain compliant, manage their finances and achieve their ambitions. The team pride themselves on being approachable and offering 'down to earth' advice. Working from their contemporary office in the heart of St Albans, Hertfordshire, you will be welcomed into this ever-growing team. Regardless of your role you can expect to be fully supported in developing your career. This firm operate a hybrid working pattern with the opportunity to combine office and client working with some home working. Helping to strike an all-important work-life balance their social committee also regularly organise evenings and outings, creating a fun and inclusive place to work.
- Pension with optional salary exchange scheme
- Life Insurance at four times basic annual salary
- Income Protection Insurance
- Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus Statutory Bank Holidays), increasing with length of service
- Professional subscription fees paid
- Benefits platform offering discounts, wellness platform, additional holiday purchase, cycle to work scheme
- Generous recruitment referral scheme
- Social committee organising numerous subsidised events
- Hybrid working for most roles
- Casual dress
- Kitchen stocked with fruit, snacks and breakfast items plus hot and cold drinks
- Flu vaccination
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.