Group Tax Manager - Responsible for all Tax matters
- Michael Page
- Bath, England, Somerset
- GBP55000 - GBP70000 per annum
- Closing date
- 1 Feb 2023
- Retail and wholesale
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
This Group Tax Manager position will provide compliance and advice for all tax matters within the group, optimising tax treatment across the business.
Our client are a market leading business and employer based in Bath in the South West of England.
The key responsibilities for this Group Tax Manager role based in Bath are:
- Lead the Tax planning and compliance considering the future strategy of the business, group policy and local regulations.
- Recommend efficient tax structures and best practice solutions.
- Anticipate and assess industry developments and legislation changes and deliver solutions.
- Provide technical support and expertise, particularly covering local VAT requirements, to the International expansion project.
- Responsible for review and submission of Corporate Tax and VAT returns
- Analyse returns and information as required.
- Review internal procedures and ensure ongoing compliance with local VAT rules and implement new procedures as required.
- Develop International VAT procedures.
- You will work alongside key stakeholders ensuring the business is compliant with its obligations (including audit, tax as well as other ad-hoc project work).
For this Group Tax Manager based in Bath, our client are searching for candidates who have/are:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CTA)
- Previous Corporate Tax knowledge and experience (from a UK base accountancy firm or inhouse team)
- Technically up to date and aware of legislative changes
- Strong working knowledge of financial accounting standards and their practical application (IAS & UK GAAP) and the self-drive and motivation to develop knowledge further.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
Highly competitive base salary up to £65,000
Personal development and Career progression
Parking on site
& many more
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert