Lead on strategy for the financial controls, business change controls and operation controls. UK SOX will also be a key task.
Our client are a FTSE listed leading supply chain partner, with operations across the UK and Ireland. Our client have a turnover of c£1.2bn, some 19,000 employees, and a blue chip customer base across a range of sectors from digital and eFulfilment, general merchandise, grocery, fuel distribution, defence contractors, construction and FMCG manufacturers.
The key responsibilities for this Senior Internal Controls Manager based in Wiltshire are:
- Overall responsibility for maintaining the Internal Controls Framework
- Implementing internal control policies and ensuring compliance
- Regular reporting across the organisation including to Audit Committee
- Manage a continuous remediation process
- Develop a controls testing programme across the organisation working with both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Work closely with first line defence and Internal Audit
- Ensure end to end process documentation including Risk and Control Matrices are documented across key process
- Promote awareness of internal controls across the Group and promote initiatives to drive process improvements
For this Senior Internal Controls Manager based in Wiltshire, our client are searching for candidates who are/have:
- Financial controls and business controls advisory experience with a solid financial and management accounting background (preferably with experience from a big four audit firm)
- Looking for a broader challenge to work across the wider organisation
- Personality is key especially as we seek to promote controls awareness
- Ability to explain the importance and the value that a controls environment brings
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work accurately under pressure, plus flexible to the needs of the business during key reporting periods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills together with strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel in the UK
Highly competitive base salary - Up to £85,000
Car Allowance (£5k)
Working from home 3 to 4 days per week
Take ownership for the Internal Controls and look to grow the team.