Financial Planning Manager
- Michael Page
- Croydon, England, London
- GBP65000 - GBP75000 per annum
- Closing date
- 31 Jan 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Financial Planning Manager required for South London Housing Association
ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CF, ACT, ACIB qualified
Leading South London Housing Association is looking to recruit a Financial Planning Manager on a permanent basis, As our Financial Planning Manager, you will co-ordinate the scoping, construction, maintenance and monitoring of our long-term and medium-term financial plans.To measure our financial risk capacity with reference to key financial indicators including internal golden rules, lender covenants and rating agency metrics.To demonstrate our continuing financial viability through economic and business cycles with robust stress-testing and financial risk mitigation standby plans.
- Prepare Group-wide Long-Term Financial Plan (LTFP) and related regulatory returns with guidance from senior colleagues; manage day-to-day relationships with key stakeholders and project-manage timely delivery of an accurate and auditable plan.
- Review and update the plan as required from time-to-time to cover changes in business or economic conditions, including planning assumptions, stress-testing scenario analyses, financial risk triggers and mitigations.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand future operating cost drivers such as housing quality, building safety and decarbonisation and Treasury to understand borrowing needs. Read up on economic trends to inform our view on inflation and interest rates.
- Contribute to an engaged and high performing Financial Planning team; prioritise tasks to meet key milestones; apply judgement showcasing the highest professional standards, culture of continuous improvement
- Professional qualification in accounting, treasury, banking or equivalent (such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CF, ACT, ACIB), or commitment to work towards one
- Understanding of key long term financial planning approaches and principles
- Knowledge of financial reporting, financial benchmarking, interpretation and analysis of financial statements and metrics is desirable
- Experience of Lenders' key financial metrics and ratings agencies' credit assessment methodologies is beneficial
- Experience of UK social housing or residential property development is desirable
- Excellent Excel modelling skills and model discipline
- Prior training to use financial planning software (Brixx) is highly desirable
Generous pension scheme
Healthcare cash plan
Cycle to work scheme
Buy & sell annual leave
Season ticket loan
25 days holiday plus birthday leave
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert