Senior Systems Accountant
- The Guinness Partnership
- Oldham, Greater Manchester (GB)
- Closing date
- 31 Jan 2023
- Banking, finance and investment
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
The Guinness Partnership provides services to more than 140,000 customers in our 65,000 homes nationwide. With a turnover of £370m and a truly national presence, Guinness is one of the leading housing providers in the sector.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Accountant to manage financial systems and associated services across Guinness to provide high quality financial reporting, controls and processes supporting strong financial management
About the role
The successful candidate will play a role in shaping our Finance function for both our immediate requirements and those in the future and we’re keen to hear from people able to engage and influence at all levels.
The Senior Systems Accountant will support the ongoing running and development of the finance systems at Guinness, working closely with the wider finance team and business to identify system development opportunities, ensuring that we make best use of our technology investment.
The successful applicant will use their deep knowledge of Oracle Financials and related technologies to lead on complex system improvement projects and support the re-design of business processes.
We are currently working to a hybrid working style, working 2 days per week in the office and 3 from home. As such, it is a requirement for candidates to be able to work 2 days per week from our Oldham office.
What we’re looking for
You’ll be an experienced Senior Systems Accountant and will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven financial systems operation and development experience at a day-to-day and strategic level, including managing systems change in a large and complex organisation.
- Proven experience in financial accounting and reporting including the preparation of financial statements, with the ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the outputs from financial systems to meet accounting and audit requirements.
- Extensive experience of Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP, e-Business Suite or equivalent system in a large and complex organisation.
- Experience writing complex SQL against the Oracle Financials data model.
- Experience working with REST and SOAP APIs.
- Strong experience in improving and maintaining financial data and ensuring data integrity.
- Proven experience of operational and project management with ability to work effectively and meet deadlines in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership and Management Standard.
- CCAB or CIMA qualified.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
1 Stable Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert