You will take a senior role in the Financial Business Partnering team in the delivery of a customer focussed, highly effective and professional service. The role will provide a high-quality financial management service to a group of budget holders and be the primary finance link for a specific area of the group. Reporting to the Head of Finance Business Partnering.
My Client is a group of education providers in Leeds, Yorkshire.
As a Senior Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for:
- Provision of expert operational and strategic financial advice and management information to senior leaders and budget holders in order to support effective decision-making.
- Collaboration with senior leaders and budget-holders to:
- support the business planning process and preparation of the annual budget;
- provide timely and accurate in-year financial performance reports;
- support budget holders in the preparation of accurate quarterly forecasts.
- Provision of financial information and analysis to support the development of business cases.
- Promoting the efficient and effective stewardship of assets and resources.
- Preparation of financial information required for the year-end accounts and the preparation of other financial returns.
- To provide a high-quality business partnering service supporting members of the senior leadership team and a range of budget holders in the effective management of financial resources
- Support the Group Senior Leadership Team to embed a strong culture of performance management.
- Display excellent customer focus and emotional intelligence, effectively role-modelling the group's core values and behaviours expected of senior managers.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with the Senior Leadership Team and budget holders, challenging and influencing operational decision-makers to ensure that financial considerations are placed at the centre of decision-making.
- Responsible for the preparation, monitoring and control of revenue and capital budgets including preparation of financial reports.
- Co-ordinate month-end and year-end financial processes and reporting in line with organisational deadlines.
- To lead the team in improving financial control and supporting budget holders to ensure the group makes the best use of available resources.
- Continually evaluate the service provided taking into account feedback and broader external developments, to ensure innovative solutions are adopted to maximise service quality, efficiency and continuity.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of funding streams within the group to enhance the support provided to budget holders.
The successful Senior Finance Business Partner will be:
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting developments
- Thorough understanding of core financial business processes including budget planning, budget monitoring, reporting and preparation of year end accounts
- Experience of providing high quality financial support and advice as a business partner.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the specific financial and business context facing a large educational organisation.
- Experience of working at a senior level in the finance function of a complex organisation.
- Experience of successful coaching, mentoring and developing staff.
- Experience of working with non-finance teams and shared services to influence them to implement best financial working practices.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office systems and databases, (Word, Excel, Outlook etc) as an advanced user.
- Familiar with Unit4 finance package or comparable complex finance system.
- Experience of liaising with external organisations including funders and external auditors.
( Capital Experience- Essential)
Senior Finance Business Partner:
- Salary up to 47,000
- Flexible Working Agreement
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Travel Discount
- Health & well-being
- Staff Discount and Membership