Finance Business Partner
- Michael Page
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England
- GBP50000 - GBP54000 per annum
- Closing date
- 30 Jan 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
The purpose of the role is to provide finance business partnering support to members of the Senior Leadership Team in the Channel Partners business, to allow them to make business-critical decisions to achieve our strategic goals.
The job holder will collaborate with the other members of the Channel Partner's Finance Business Partnering team to support the business to grow profitably, whilst providing insightful analysis and planning.
My Client is a not-for-profit organisation, based in Wakefield.
As a Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for:
* Supporting senior members of the Finance Business Partner team on projects to drive business growth
* Providing high-quality, responsive finance business partnering to senior business leaders and their teams; providing timely and informative updates and advice on costs but also challenging the assumptions to help the business reach strategic goals
* Key Finance contact, working closely with department heads to provide financial information to help managers make appropriate and sound financial decisions, such as investment appraisal or accounting on live projects
* Taking the lead on financial reporting and planning for spend and profitability across all functions in your area of responsibility, including monthly cost reporting, KPI development, forecasting and annual budgeting using our planning and consolidation tool
* Design and implement routine and ad hog analysis to provide actionable insight on cost drivers and profitability
* Support on implementation and improvement of new financial systems
* Some routine
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience of financial budgeting, forecasting and planning, highly numerate with the ability to produce accurate reporting/presentations on time and free of errors
* A proven track record of communicating and challenging senior leaders
* Extensive knowledge of profit and loss accounting with an analytical mindset
* Ability to work under pressure and stick to tight deadlines, self-motivated and able to time manage own workload with conflicting priorities
* Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel - including Pivot tables, Vlookups, Sumifs
* Experience in using accounting systems and/or planning tools
Whats on Offer:
- Salary up to 54,000
- Flexible Working Agreement
- Generous Pension Scheme - 6% employee contribution
- 25 days holiday a year plus 8 bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Opportunity to work with the UK's largest specialist vocational assessment and certification organisation
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert