This role offers hybrid working, AMAZING holidays and an AMAZING pension
My client is a leading Not for Profit organisation based near Cardiff
The Finance Business Partner will report into the Head of Financial Planning, Performance and Transformation and help them to raise the profile of Finance throughout the organisation by developing and supporting financial and commercial awareness.
A critical financial role in the Finance Department that through management information, analysis and instilling a culture of continuous improvement, will encourage and enable effective decision-making and ensure the organisation operates efficiently and achieves its Strategy Goals. We are looking for a professionally qualified and experienced self-starter, who is looking for a rare and exciting opportunity to not only develop and deliver core financial support services within a complex organisation but who will also contribute to the financial transformation of the organisation.
- To liaise with Senior Stakeholders and Corporate Departments on all aspects of financial management reporting with a particular emphasis on: Support for budget setting, Review of monthly results against budget, Determination of forecast out turn adjustments as necessary, Review, challenge, and support for investment appraisals, Best practice in use of financial system as applicable to budget setting and management reporting
- To raise the profile of the organisations Finance Department throughout the organisation developing a comprehensive and value adding business support mechanism for Senior Stakeholders.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement aimed at improving commercial awareness, budget scrutiny, cost control and income generation
- Develop appropriate costing methodologies and coach and mentor Stakeholders their use
- Develop and introduce a business-wide application a common language for financial management, business rules and reporting including definitions and metrics appropriate to Departments but linked to overall strategic objectives.
- Support and/or line manage the Assistant Finance Business Partner and/or Finance Officer roles within the business partnering team
- Manage the month end report pack production process
Qualified member of one of the CCAB accountancy bodies and evidence of continuous professional development.
An ability to present to, communicate, influence and negotiate with a broad range of stakeholders including non-financial staff.
Ability to engage with key stakeholders to develop a rigorous approach to budget management while understanding the broader strategic view of issues, working actively to improve the effective use of resources.
Experience of project and investment appraisal including the development and use of modelling techniques.
Experience of budgeting and forecasting in a devolved structure and the management of business planning in a changing external environment.
Experience of business partnering and the use of financial and management information to drive continuous improvement in organisational efficiency.
An attention to detail coupled with strong technical skills.
Salary in the range of £44,700 - £51,800
excellent holiday allowance
Contribution Pension with 13% employer contributions
hybrid working - you will be on site 2-3x per week