Assistant Management Accountant
- Hays Senior Finance
- England, Oxfordshire, Abingdon
- GBP35000.00 - GBP40000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 6 Jan 2023
- Energy, utilities and mining
- Salary band
- £30,000 - £40,000, £40,000 - £50,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Assistant Management Accountant - £35,000-£40,000 DOE - Abingdon - Permanent
Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company in the industrial energy sector based in Abingdon. The purpose of the role is to support the Management Accountant and the wider Management Accounting team with the day to day and month end tasks.
Your new role
As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
- Monthly accounts reporting and assisting with the preparation of other reporting requirements
- Active contributor to annual budgets
- Partner and support specific group entities
- Detailed analysis, including sales to GM level
- Variance and trend analysis
- Supporting the annual budget, and half-year update
- Support project forecasts (cash and timings) as required
- Ensuring correct cost allocation (projects/sites)
- Liaise with other depts advising coding/processes/entities etc
- Responsible for financial record keeping including SL, PL, GL
- Annual statutory reporting
- Reporting to HMRC re VAT, CT, PAYE, etc
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will need:
- Experience with monthly reporting cycles
- Highly organised individual with excellent attention to detail
- Positive communicator, internal and external
- Experience working within group companies
- Microsoft Excel - advanced user level
- PowerBI experience
What you'll get in return
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
- £35,000-£40,000 salary
- Discretionary performance-based bonus
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
- Salary sacrifice EV lease scheme
- Smart home tech discounts
- Dog-Friendly Office
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert