Corporate Finance Manager
- Grant Thornton
- £Competitive + Benefits
- Closing date
- 6 Jan 2023
- Accounting - practice, Banking, finance and investment, Business and management
- Salary band
- £30,000 - £40,000, £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000, £80,000 - £90,000
- Contract type
- Full Time, Part Time
- Where will they be working?
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
We operate in a highly dynamic and fast-moving environment, managing multiple live transactions but also developing relationships with new business opportunities for both us and the broader firm.
We are seeking self-motivated candidates with a view to supporting their career development within this exciting service line embedded in a strong team culture.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As a Manager within Corporate Finance Advisory team:
- Manages client assignments in varying scope and scale
- Takes responsibility in preparing and delivering Information Memorandums
- Is highly financially literate, and can perform high level modelling tasks
- Is competent in basic business valuation approaches and analysis
- Interpret and analyses complex information, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately
- Manages, motivates and coaches team members by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and completing timely performance reviews
- Effectively manages various parties within the transaction, resolving any conflicts which may arise
- Instils a risk management culture within the team as well as mitigating risk appropriately
- Identifies and evaluates risk management issues; mitigating risk appropriately
- Participates in external networking, from which to generate and convert leads
- Plays a role in marketing events, originating material and presenting to external audiences
- Manages situations to optimise financial returns for the client and the firm
- Supports in business development initiatives
- Suggests innovative solutions whilst pro-actively identifying cross-selling opportunity
- Leads and facilitates discussions between individuals and groups in either a client or within the firm
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as an Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is to have:
- 2 years relevant deal experience
- Professional Qualification of ACA/ ICAS/ ACCA or equivalent
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Communication and relationship building skills with clients, targets and colleagues
- Analytical skills and the ability to commercially analyse financial data to develop an understanding of a company
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills to carry out financial analysis and prepare client and target documentation (e.g. IM, teaser, pitch decks etc.)
- Demonstrable practical experience of managing multiple deliverables, showing prioritisation skills and meeting deadlines within an expected timeframe
- An interest in mergers and acquisitions and a particular sector are preferable
- Applicants should be professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent) – although this is not essential
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.
We’re business advisers that help organisations navigate today’s volatile markets.
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to succeed.
In the UK we’re led by 190 partners and over 4,500 people. We can also call on a global network of some 50,000 people in over 130 countries. And because of our shared enterprise model in the UK, every one of us gives their all towards your future success.
We work with the public sector to build thriving communities. We help businesses to achieve their objectives. And we work with regulators and financial institutions to build trust and integrity in markets
Our commitment to creating an inclusive working environment means differences are not only understood and respected but valued too. And our collaborative culture means we share ideas as well as the responsibility for making them happen. It's also important for us to understand how we can support you in your role, including exploring any reasonable and flexible working adjustments. This flexibility will enable you to bring your full self to work and be at your best.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert