- Michael Page
- England, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum
- Closing date
- 6 Jan 2023
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Exciting new opportunity to work with a British Fashion Retail brand as a Management Accountant, and kick start your new career in industry
My client are a British Retail Fashion Brand, specialising in mens and womens accessories. They are progressively growing as a business and continue to grow. A privately owned company and they are looking to grow internationally, they currently hold concessions, stand alone stores and sell through 3rd parties such as John Lewis and Next.
As a Management Accountant you will be responsible for:
* Ensuring that monthly reporting is completed & documentation is correct
* Reporting of financial at store level
* Variance analysis to budget (including detailed analysis to support)
* Month end stock reconciliation + margin
* Stock provision release by month
* Balance sheet analysis
* P&L analysis
* FX analysis
* Support Head of Finance with Budget preparation
* Filling of property company accounts & corporation tax returns
* Quarterly VAT returns x 4
* ONS survey's
* Processing financial transactions for 5 companies
* Able to delegate queries to other members of the team and efficiently provide solutions.
* Make electronic payments through online banking system
* Ensure that the internal system is up to date with correct financial information for all stores
* Valuation surveys for leased properties
* Ad-hoc reporting
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Management Accountant experience
- Qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Looking for your first step into industry
- Retail (Not essential)
- Looking for their next step in moving up in Management Accounting
What is on offer for you:
- 50% staff sale discount
- Standard pension
- Hybrid working
- 25 days annual leave & 8 Day Bank Holidays
- £40/£45k Salary
- Many more benefits!!
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert