Group Accounting Manager | Didcot + Hybrid Working | £55,000 - £70,000
Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Oxfordshire's larger employers in the publishing industry. You would play a key role in the Finance team (circa 35 heads), taking ownership of the consolidated month end results, budgets, forecasts etc. for the group, while managing the group reporting, compliance and tax matters.
Your new role
As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will be:
- Production of monthly consolidated group management accounts
- Manage and consolidate budgets and forecasts
- Produce financial reports to the Parent Company, Group FD and Board members
- Manage monthly submissions to the European parent company
- Maintain relationships with divisional management accountants and overseas subsidiaries to ensure a smooth flow of information
- Produce and manage the annual statutory accounts
- Manage the group taxation deliverables Identify and implement improvements in process
- Assist in the running of the year-end audit process Manage a team of 3 (active studiers)
- Maintain the Group's UK contractor data set, as part of the Group's IR35 compliance work
- Management of month end payroll reconciliations Management of weekly sales reporting
- Perform specific year-end provision calculations, including bad debts and holiday pay
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will need to have / be:
- Qualified ACA or ACCA with a minimum of 3 years consolidation experience
- Technically strong accountant, with proven experience applying IFRS standards
- Experience of group consolidation
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available, hybrid working, 28 days annual leave (+ bank holiday), 10% bonus and much more!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.