Group Financial Accounting Manager
- Hays Senior Finance
- England, Oxfordshire, Didcot
- GBP55000.00 - GBP70000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 21 Dec 2022
- Retail and wholesale
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000, £70,000 - £80,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Group Accounting Manager | Didcot + Hybrid Working | £55,000 - £70,000
Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Oxfordshire's larger employers in the publishing industry. You would play a key role in the Finance team (circa 35 heads), taking ownership of the consolidated month end results, budgets, forecasts etc. for the group, while managing the group reporting, compliance and tax matters.
Your new role
As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will be:
- Production of monthly consolidated group management accounts
- Manage and consolidate budgets and forecasts
- Produce financial reports to the Parent Company, Group FD and Board members
- Manage monthly submissions to the European parent company
- Maintain relationships with divisional management accountants and overseas subsidiaries to ensure a smooth flow of information
- Produce and manage the annual statutory accounts
- Manage the group taxation deliverables Identify and implement improvements in process
- Assist in the running of the year-end audit process Manage a team of 3 (active studiers)
- Maintain the Group's UK contractor data set, as part of the Group's IR35 compliance work
- Management of month end payroll reconciliations Management of weekly sales reporting
- Perform specific year-end provision calculations, including bad debts and holiday pay
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will need to have / be:
- Qualified ACA or ACCA with a minimum of 3 years consolidation experience
- Technically strong accountant, with proven experience applying IFRS standards
- Experience of group consolidation
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available, hybrid working, 28 days annual leave (+ bank holiday), 10% bonus and much more!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert