Finance Officer £30,000 annual salary Part Time or Full Time Location: Oxford Permanent Role Hybrid
Your new company
A charity based in central Oxford, who support the local community.
Your new role
- Responsible for managing financial transactions, primarily through its established SAGE software system.
- Account for all financial transactions, including duly-authorised internal Fund/donation transfers.
- Prepare and post all transactions in a timely manner.
- Undertake month-end and periodic financial accounts closures as required.
- Oversee the monthly payroll for staff.
- Prepare monthly management accounts as required, using SAGE.
- Maintain and monitor bank accounts, including monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for all banking procedures, including liaison with banks, building societies and cheque signatories
- Monitor and maintain authorisation processes as stipulated in the Finance Manual.
- Update SalesForce to ensure funds available for grant making are up to date and accurate
- Accurately recording of all investment income and payments to enable reporting and control of investments
- Liaise with the grants team to support them as required on financial control for releasing grants to recipients
What you'll need to succeed
- AAT Level 3 or 4
- Experience of producing management accounts through to year end accounts
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative, problem-solving approach
- Experience in accounting software - preferably SAGE - with good computer literacy, including MS Excel (essential) and CRM systems like Salesforce (desirable)
- Preferably knowledge or experience of charity accounting
What you'll get in return
- £30,000 annual salary (full time equivalent)
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- 3% pension (increasing to 5% after five years)
- Hybrid working
- Part time or full time (minimum 2 days a week)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.