Our client is a well-funded, PE backed buy and build consolidator with ambitions to grow. Plans are progressing swiftly and with two acquisitions to date and a strong pipeline. With the rapid growth, the central finance function is still in its infancy, thus there is a need for an Interim Group Financial Controller to support the CFO. You would have considerable input into the shape of the finance function. You will shape the existing hub finance teams, build the central finance team, develop the controls and reporting across the group. The role can be based along the M4 corridor. Although, mainly remote, with some travel to locations.
- Build financial controls and processes to ensure the security of assets and maximise profit performance
- Implementation of improved financial systems and processes
- Timely integration of newly acquired businesses back-office functions and the implementation of standard controls and information flows across the group.
- Ensuring timely and accurate production of monthly Management Accounts and Financial KPI’s, analysing and reporting on performance on a site and consolidated basis
- Providing detailed analysis and benchmarking of P&L performance and driving improvement through the operations team, identifying revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities
- Management of annual Budget and regular re-forecast processes
- Improving reporting timelines to meet the requirements of the Private Equity investors of weekly/monthly MI as required
- Managing covenant and cashflow reporting
- Production of annual Consolidated Financial Statements, liaising closely with the auditors.
- You will be a fully qualified accountant with extensive multi-site experience
- Prior experience in the business or professional services preferable
- Ability to build a “first in class” finance function – building developing the team and improving the quality and timeliness of financial reporting
- Demonstrable experience of leading profit performance improvement, largely through cost management and control
- Desire to implement new financial systems and processes
We know that diverse recruitment practices start with us. We encourage and celebrate applicants regardless of race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origin), age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender reassignment, disability, marital status, pregnancy and maternity or socioeconomic background. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace by ensuring a diverse pool of talent, eliminating unlawful discrimination and recruiting the best person for each role. We review our practices on equality and diversity regularly.