As the Financial Control Manager you will be responsible for defining, implementing, managing and monitoring the internal control system with a particular focus on finance processes and controls.
Our client are highly regarded, market leading National Business. They offer a brilliant and truly flexible work life balance, whilst providing a challenging and progressive working environment.
The key responsibilities for this Internal Controls Manager based in Wiltshire (with home working for 3 or 4 days pw) are:
- Manage components of the Group's Internal Controls over Financial Reporting and UK SOX compliance programme, and act as a central point of contact and subject matter expert to ensure appropriate internal controls (manual and system) over financial reporting are designed and implemented.
- Support the ICFR programme and UK SOx scoping and risk assessment by collaborating with cross-functional teams to stay up to date on significant changes that may have an impact on the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of controls
- Support the delivery and maintenance of all areas of ICFR, including process modelling, Entity Level controls, process narratives, flowcharts, Risk & Control Matrices, other procedural documentation. and the development of an efficient testing methodology.
- Responsible for on-going project management of components of the ICFR programme, including managing the delivery of quality output, which is well evidenced, documented and reported.
- Support the selection and implementation of a software solution to document the assessment, testing and sign-off of risks and associated controls.
- Manage the identification, evaluation, and monitoring of remediation actions of control deficiencies. Support the delivery of support, training, and guidance to control owners and operators.
- Manage the execution of the day-to-day activities to deliver testing as part of ICFR assessments, lead tests of design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Support the preparation and presentation of Executive Management and Audit & Risk Committee materials highlighting overall internal controls over financial reporting including UK SOx progress and results.
For this Internal Controls Manager based in Bristol (with home working for 3 or 4 days pw) you will have/be:
- Professional financial and/or audit qualification preferably qualified accountant (MBA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Experience implementing SOX controls and a SOX compliance programme or equivalent is required.
- Strong knowledge of internal control frameworks (such as COSO)
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong verbal and numerical analytical ability
- Resilient, self-motivated and accomplished at forming relationships and influencing people at all levels in the company.
Competitive FTSE benefits package
Excellent project work to develop your career.