Internal Controls Manager - Project delivery
- Michael Page
- Wiltshire, England
- GBP48000 - GBP56000 per annum
- Closing date
- 4 Jan 2023
- Veterinary and animal care
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
As the Financial Control Manager you will be responsible for defining, implementing, managing and monitoring the internal control system with a particular focus on finance processes and controls.
Our client are highly regarded, market leading National Business. They offer a brilliant and truly flexible work life balance, whilst providing a challenging and progressive working environment.
The key responsibilities for this Internal Controls Manager based in Wiltshire (with home working for 3 or 4 days pw) are:
- Manage components of the Group's Internal Controls over Financial Reporting and UK SOX compliance programme, and act as a central point of contact and subject matter expert to ensure appropriate internal controls (manual and system) over financial reporting are designed and implemented.
- Support the ICFR programme and UK SOx scoping and risk assessment by collaborating with cross-functional teams to stay up to date on significant changes that may have an impact on the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of controls
- Support the delivery and maintenance of all areas of ICFR, including process modelling, Entity Level controls, process narratives, flowcharts, Risk & Control Matrices, other procedural documentation. and the development of an efficient testing methodology.
- Responsible for on-going project management of components of the ICFR programme, including managing the delivery of quality output, which is well evidenced, documented and reported.
- Support the selection and implementation of a software solution to document the assessment, testing and sign-off of risks and associated controls.
- Manage the identification, evaluation, and monitoring of remediation actions of control deficiencies. Support the delivery of support, training, and guidance to control owners and operators.
- Manage the execution of the day-to-day activities to deliver testing as part of ICFR assessments, lead tests of design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Support the preparation and presentation of Executive Management and Audit & Risk Committee materials highlighting overall internal controls over financial reporting including UK SOx progress and results.
For this Internal Controls Manager based in Bristol (with home working for 3 or 4 days pw) you will have/be:
- Professional financial and/or audit qualification preferably qualified accountant (MBA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Experience implementing SOX controls and a SOX compliance programme or equivalent is required.
- Strong knowledge of internal control frameworks (such as COSO)
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong verbal and numerical analytical ability
- Resilient, self-motivated and accomplished at forming relationships and influencing people at all levels in the company.
Competitive FTSE benefits package
Excellent project work to develop your career.
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert