Only apply to this role if you are fully qualified & have manufacturing/ or plant experience
General Ledger Accountant role- Bristol
3 month temp accountant role could extend to 6-9 months
Will look at QBE or part-qualified if you have good & relevant experience
Your new company
The role will handle the record to report process of a plant or plants for the UK Shared Service Centre ("SSC") business partners principally based in the UK. Responsible to the General Ledger Team Leader for the provision of monthly management reporting, maintaining good financial discipline and judgement over general ledger and revenue through to the timely booking of day to day and month end journal entries for accruals and prepayments. Effective working relationships will be needed with the plants contacts and business partners together with the other SSC Teams to ensure the timely submission of information for inclusion in the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting cycles.
Your new role
The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for ensuring the accurate processing of transactions, preparation and posting of accruals and prepayments on a timely basis alongside month end reporting submission and commentary including miscellaneous current tax declarations and/or accounting packs.
What you'll need to succeed
* Qualified or partially qualified accountant with 2+ years' experience of working within a global business reporting environment as part of a Shared Service Centre preferred
* Working experience with SAP desirable but not essential
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
Specific skills and abilities
* Strong attention to detail, organised and results orientated
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate effectively at various levels of the organisation
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and resolve outstanding items on a timely basis.
- Monitor, investigate and escalate internal control exceptions as appropriate for any unusual operation or request which is not properly authorised to ensure the completeness, accuracy and reliability of general ledger transactions.
- Formalising, evaluating and reporting of compliance within the Internal Control Environment framework.
- Data capture and input of US GAAP accounting adjustments along with SOX compliance when in scope.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset register
- Monthly reporting
- Preparation of the month end submission to the Group Consolidation application, including intercompany balances, of financial and non-financial data, for example headcount.
- Provide meaningful business commentary and metrics to support business performance alongside the ability to explain monthly variance analysis to budget, trend and prior year together with provision of a monthly management reports to plant including:
- Profit in stock
- Cost of goods sold analysis.
- Review of outstanding invoices, preparation and posting of plant accruals and prepayments covering:
- Cut off
- Vacation pay
- Inventory provisions
- Quality and tax.
- Analysis and performance of foreign exchange revaluation.
- Monthly posting of recurring journals including:
- Inventory adjustments
- R&D charges
- Expenses (e.g. Travel spend etc.)
- Allocation cycles.
- Extract and prepare in accordance with due date:
- VAT and other taxes
- Intrastate declarations and miscellaneous tax declarations
- EC Sales list returns.
- Continuous improvement & ad hoc/country specific tasks
- Continuous review of procedures, alignment of processes and best practice recommendation as work with plant and SSC teams to improve the customer experience of the SSC.
- Preparation of the year end reporting
What you'll get in return
- 3 month temp contract
- starting ASAP
- could extend to 6-9 months
- competitive daily rate, paid weekly
- Fully office based role- 5 days a week
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.