Senior Finance Business Partner role £65,000
- Hays Senior Finance
- Trowbridge, Wiltshire, England
- GBP60000.00 - GBP65000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 4 Jan 2023
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Salary band
- £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
Permanent role starting as soon as possible Hybrid working options available- 3/2 split
Your new role
The Senior Finance Business Partner will be the interface between Finance and Commercial functions. Reporting to the Finance Director - Private Label this role is responsible for challenging, supporting and controlling Commercial financial performance of Private Label. Drive business decisions through data modelling, stress tests, risk to opportunity tests and scenario analysis.
- This role requires full qualification & right to work in the UK indefinitely
- you must have previous manufacturing experience
- you must be able to work in the office at least 2 days every week
- Lead and coordinate preparation of revenue and margin for annual budget and quarterly reforecasts
- Analysis of data trends of product sales to provide insight into sales mix to outline potential opportunities and risks to commercial plans and support the strategic planning process to drive profitability
- Complete monthly analysis of margins by customer and variance allocation to deepen understanding of true product profitability and leverage information to support corrective commercial decisions.
- Drive consistency and control in new product costing and open book costing process for live products using analysis mentioned above to further evolve costing strategy and accuracy.
- Proactively identify system and process improvements and opportunities to add value to the business and work to implement change as necessary
- Review actuals against budget/reforecast and prepare detailed breakdown of variance analysis and commentary on areas of focus where necessary
- Support other teams in Finance to ensure robust internal control in the business
- Assist the preparation of monthly accounts
- Management of Commercial Finance Business Partner who will support in all aspects of the role.
- Assist external audit
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis as required by the business
What you'll need to succeed
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Manufacturing sector experience ideally including standard costing, bill of materials, stock and inventory
- Commercial acumen and naturally inquisitive
- Strong reporting and presentation skills; ability to deliver information and influence change by taking the stakeholders on the journey with you clearly demonstrating the benefit to them.
- Advanced Excel skills and financial modelling techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge of working with ERP systems and ability to assimilate new software quickly
- Self-motivating, proactive, deadline-driven and can work under pressure
- Excellent communication and the ability to develop strong working relationships across the business
- Advanced analytical skills, a keen eye for detail and a proactive and dynamic attitude to problem solving, with ability to use initiative and common sense
- Team player and flexible; the role is in a team with ambitious improvement plans and as such will require the successful candidate to be adaptive to changing requests and ways of working
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert