This is a great opportunity to join the finance team in an exciting and varied role you will work with different areas of the business having interactions both inside and outside of finance.
Previous experience of working with Inventory and in driving business value. Solid knowledge of financial policies and procedures will be key in this role. Building relationships and understanding the business is fundamental to the role.
My client is a industry leading manufacturing and consultancy organisation with offices across the UK.
- Increase visibility of stock position through introducing KPIs, reporting and analysis on stock levels and material price variances. Build relationships with operational teams to understand drivers behind stock and identify opportunities to improve working capital and make cost savings.
- Support the wider business to deliver savings on inventory and associated costs such as delivery and storage, tracking savings versus targets.
- Responsible for month end close and accounting for manufacturing and operational stock and the Service Business Unit, ensuring reconciliations are complete and numbers reviewed and submitted in line with the month end timetable.
- Build company-wide stock policy, which ensures consistent treatment and accurate valuations across the business whilst ensuring that SOX and audit controls are adhered to. Ensure associated system procedures are documented.
- Support Manufacturing team in setting up automation of Labour and Overhead absorption in Microsoft Dynamics, reviewing outputs to ensure costings are correct, provide associated reporting to drive improvements.
- Work alongside Operations team to ensure correct processes are in place around stock take and stock controls, ensuring variances are investigated
- Produce stock forecasts to feed into Balance Sheet and Cash flow forecasts.
- Responsible for liaising with internal and external auditors to ensure that SOX and audit requirements are met.
- CIMA / ACA / ACCA qualified or qualified by experience.
- Strong business partnering experience within a manufacturing background.
- Proactive and solution focused with high attention to detail.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to meet tight deadlines and produce high quality work under pressure.
- Hardworking and reliable with excellent time management skills.
- Comfortable working remotely from line manager
- Flexible working environment - Hybrid set-up 2/3 days a week on-site
- Early finish on a Friday
- Competitive Salary £45,000-£50,000
- Fantastic opportunity to adapt the role and select future development areas
- Stand alone role with progression opportunities across the company