- Hays Senior Finance
- England, London
- GBP50000.00 - GBP55000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 26 Dec 2022
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Finance Manager role between £50,000 - £55,000 with one of the housing associations in London
Your new company
You will be joining a housing association which despite of a continuous growth has been able to maintain its unique identity and exceptional service delivery to its residents and those in the surrounding communities.
Your new role
This is a critical and exciting role for the right person, with scope to play a key role in supporting Senior Management to drive the organisation forward with renewed focus on efficiency and improving standards. They will work with all customer facing departments and other appropriate stakeholders to shape and deliver corporate strategy.
Some of the tasks:
- Manage the primary accounting system and records and maintain them in accordance with current legislation and SORP or other relevant accounting standards.
- Oversee and ensure that management accounts are produced in a timely manner, and with appropriate commentary and present these accounts regularly to the SMT and Board.
- Develop and report to management and Board on financial and non-financial KPIs.
- Prepare the annual budget and present the draft budget to the Board for approval.
- To lead on all regulatory and statistical returns.
- Liaise and oversee both the internal and external audit programs.
- Identify areas of risk and advise on appropriate risk management strategies.
What you'll need to succeed
They are looking for a candidate who will be able to demonstrate:
- Qualified Accountant
- You will have experience of working in an agile working environment and be able demonstrate a commitment to improving processes
- Able to deliver services at both an operational and strategic level.
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Someone who is technically savvy with strong Excel skills
What you'll get in return
You will play a leading role in the Housing Association's ambitious business strategy which aims to refocus on delivering strong core services to residents and communities. Working within this organisation means that you will have the unique opportunity to understand, and shape, the Association and make a real difference to the organisation and its tenants.
In addition to your base salary, you will be offered:
- Hybrid work: 2-3 times per week in the office
- 25 days annual leave per annum
- Pension scheme: employer pension contribution @10%
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert