This global banking group with one of the leading investment banking businesses is looking to hire a VAT contractor for 9 months in it's EMEA Head Office in London. This role will suppor the Investment Banking VAT lead.
The role will be in the VAT team supporting the Investment Banking VAT lead. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Advising on the VAT liability of M&A, capital market and lending businesses transactions;
- Providing support on the partial exemption calculation for investment banking both in the UK and Germany;
- Implementation, enhancing and updating of procedures, service level agreements and processes where required, whilst working closely with the local finance teams and wider EMEA Corporate Tax team;
- Advising on intervention and similar use and enjoyment rules with respect to billing
- Dealing with day to day tax queries; and
- Work with local tax advisers as well as partnering internally with the global tax team colleagues.
The successful candidate will gain exposure to a variety of businesses and products and services with Investment Banking, and will provide a comprehensive introduction to how a global bank operates.
Essential Skills / Experience
- The successful candidate must speak excellent English, will have attained a relevant tax, legal or accounting professional qualification, and must have worked in the past, or currently be working, providing tax advice in a law or accounting firm or in-house.
- Furthermore the successful candidate will like working with colleagues at all levels within the firm and from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, will be of a flexible disposition, and will be a strong team player.
- The successful candidate should be capable of communicating potentially complex tax issues to non-tax colleagues in a concise and clear way and must be interested in learning the commercial context in which the tax advice is being given.
- The successful candidate must be capable of working under pressure in a commercial environment while not compromising technical or ethical standards. A willingness to approach new and unfamiliar issues in an analytical and logical manner is required.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Financial services VAT experience preferred.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates