This is an exciting Head of Tax role which will have overall responsibility for all direct tax affairs and supporting on indirect and employment taxes for the Group, reporting directly to the Group FD with a dotted line to the CFO. This is working for a premium UK retailer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing a tax strategy for the group, consistent with best practice
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of the Group's global tax compliance obligations across 13 countries. (Alphatax)
- Review tax packs to ensure they are accurate before submission
- Preparation and review of the Group year-end and half year consolidated tax provisions for external group reporting
- Managing and improving the Group's-transfer pricing documentation and Country by Country Reporting (CBCR) Lead on the changes which will affect the Group as a result of upcoming tax changes.
- Prepare communication on the impact of changes in tax legislation and tax accounting for the Board and identify opportunities which will optimise tax efficiencies.
- Support acquisitions and similar transactions from a tax perspective.
- Work with the relevant teams of the parent group to ensure appropriate communication and reporting of all tax matters
- Support the Group CFO in their role as Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) and continuously improve tax governance and controls across the Group
- Promote tax awareness across the group and support the business with respect to all tax matters including identifying and communicating changes in tax legislation that impact the markets the Group operates in.
- Providing tax advice and support to the group during periods of international expansion.
- Overview for all VAT matters and controls including signing of VAT returns for three main UK Brands
- Maintaining a good relationship with the various external stakeholders including tax authorities, tax advisors and statutory auditors
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Chartered Accountant or CTA
- Exposure to international tax issues e.g., Transfer Pricing
- Previous experience in industry (goods based is desirable)
- Line management experience desirable as this role will have direct reports
- Experience and understanding of Alphatax would be an advantage
- Bright individual who is prepared to question the status quo and be creative in their approach
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships and gain stakeholder buy in
- A proactive nature - strong commercial mind-set
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates