About The Role
We are looking for Audit Supervisors to join our growing audit department and become a part of the Goodman Jones team. This comes with an opportunity to develop your skills and technical knowledge whilst working with a diverse client base, spanning a wide range of industries and sectors. If you have passion and ambition, and you would like to receive recognition for your contribution, we would love to hear from you.
Goodman Jones LLP is a central London firm of chartered accountants. Established in 1934, we are a team of accountants, auditors, tax, and business advisers based in Fitzroy Square, London. Together with our supporting IT, HR, and financial services companies, we provide the full range of compliance, support, and advisory services. Our clients include UK owner managed businesses, UK subsidiaries of large international groups, charities and not-for-profit organisations, and start-up business and entrepreneurs – across a wide range of sectors.
From the very beginning you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in all key areas: accounting, auditing, and corporate tax. This is supported by the opportunity to work on one-off assignments and special projects. Every member of our team has been chosen on the basis that they have the attributes we believe are required to fit in with our culture and to progress to a very senior level at Goodman Jones. Indeed, many of our current managers and partners trained at Goodman Jones and we have a proven track record or progressing our supervisors through the ranks.
Are you ambitious? Do you want to feel heard and recognised? Do you want to work closely with your clients, building lasting relationships which allow you to make a real contribution? Do you enjoy variety, and to be challenged? Do you want to see your efforts rewarded and to be continually developed? Our culture is our greatest strength and something which we pride ourselves on, and as a Supervisor at Goodman Jones we will support your development to help you reach your full potential.
At Goodman Jones, we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer where inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have a focus on enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
Our salaries are constantly reviewed to ensure we pay a competitive salary at all levels. Salaries are increased annually, part of which is performance-based, and there are further increases relating to professional progression throughout your employment. In addition to this we also offer the following:
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Employee benefits package, including cashback benefits and vouchers.
- Pension contributions at 5% of gross salary for qualifying individuals
- Regular social and team-building events
In this role, you will provide on-site management of each assignment in an efficient and effective manner. The key responsibilities include;
- Leading the onsite audit team, supervising more junior team members and liaising with senior members of client finance team on a day-to-day basis to ensure the assignment is completed as per the agreed terms.
- Review financial statements and prepare audit reporting for presentation to those charged with governance.
- Attendance at planning and clearance meetings.
- Ensure assurance quality at all times and compliance with the firm’s procedures.
- Reporting to assignment manager.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, identifying any contentious issues and putting forward a proposed solution.
- Managing a small portfolio of clients, gaining management experience whilst working directly with partners.
Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified, with proven experience in client handling and in producing high quality Audits and looking to develop their technical and professional skills with a view to future progression.
At Goodman Jones we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We offer hybrid working and we support and encourage all our people in managing their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and a CV using the apply button below or sending to email@example.com