A career within Data and Analytics services will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
We are one of the world’s leading professional services organisations, with the PwC network operating across over 158 countries. Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems and so we help our clients, some of the most successful listed organisations, private businesses, and dynamic entrepreneurs, to measure, protect, and enhance the things that matter most to them.
In a world that's constantly changing, organisations must understand and navigate the risks they face in order to thrive. We bring the expertise, technology and global network to enable our clients to make decisions that make the difference, with confidence.
Within our Risk business, we help build resilient organisations, enabling them to create trust, unlock value, embrace new technologies and navigate risk with confidence but also to succeed in an increasingly unpredictable environment. But resilience in an organisation is not just about standing strong, it’s about understanding how evolving risks might impact your industry and your organisation so you can respond quickly and emerge stronger. From the boardroom to back office, we work to protect and strengthen every aspect of business; from people to performance, systems to strategy. Through our invaluable insights and independent assurance we help discover and unlock real value.
As a business, we provide these risk related services within our wider Assurance practice, and on 1 July 2020, we established a new Line of Service, TD&A, to better use the scale and breadth of our practice including many of the firm’s experts in areas such as regulation, cyber security, listings, actuarial, accounting, controls and internal audit.
About Technology Data & Analytics, part of Risk Assurance
A career in our Tech Ops team, within the broader Technology, Data, and Analytics services team, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations navigate the increasingly complex landscape of leveraging investments in technology to drive business performance, enabling clients to increase the value derived from their technology spend.
The shift to Cloud is resulting in hybrid IT environments where our clients are faced with trying to reduce technology debt and control the cost of ownership of existing legacy infrastructure. Simultaneously they are investing in and seeking to drive increased value from their technology estates, whilst trying to generate real business and management insights around how technology enables business services and outcomes.
Driving value from technology investment, whilst controlling costs, means achieving transparency of spend through consistent tracking and reporting of underlying technology costs by product area, maximising the ability to effectively manage variable costs, and equipping product owners (in addition to Finance, Procurement and Technology) with the information to influence such costs wherever feasible.
Our team helps clients navigate these complexities through a combination of driving greater transparency over spend, identifying opportunities to increase the value of investments, and implementing the required reporting, governance, and controls to more effectively aggregate demand, helping technology to drive and demonstrate value across the organisation. A key indicator of a successful Tech TCO and cost optimisation programme is the freeing up of working capital, or realisation of business synergies, to further enable key business activities.
We are seeking experienced professionals with a background in Technology, Cloud Economics or FinOps, who have a proven commercial ability, to join a fast-growing team focused on this rapidly growing market. Your focus will be on supporting clients through the cost optimisation lifecycle, from driving transparency over existing spend, developing TCO methodologies, and using data analytics capabilities to provide clients with insight into their current spend, and value creation opportunities.
- Experience in a consulting/advisory type role, with the ability to build and own client relationships;
- Support the planning, mobilisation, and delivery of complex Technology Cost Optimisation projects and programmes;
- Manage matrixed teams made up of people from PwC, our clients and other third parties;
- Be comfortable with identifying, prioritising, and owning cost optimisation opportunities, in support of TCO projects;
- Own and ensure quality in the end-to-end project lifecycle from ideation through to benefits realisation;
- Proven experience of scenario modelling to highlight the benefits/trade-offs of different FinOps/Cost Optimisation opportunities and activities;
- Experience of using Data based analysis and visualisation (Alteryx, Power BI, etc) to deliver insights to clients, across a variety of stakeholder groups;
- Strong presenting/report writing skills leveraging programmes such as Google Slides, and Powerpoint;
- Effectively engage and communicate with senior stakeholders including C-level executives;
- Support the production of industry thought leadership in this domain; and
- Support and lead on Request For Proposals/ITT responses as part of generating new business.
This role will give the right candidate senior exposure at PwC and will present excellent opportunities for progression.
- Experience of Cost Reduction, FinOps or Cloud Economics practices
- Experience of technology infrastructure, whether architecturally or through pricing technology deals/solutions
- Experience of spend analysis and visualisation
- Solid understanding of technology sourcing strategies and vendor landscape
- Ability to effectively categorise spend data and generate insight to support opportunity identification
- Demonstrable technology background
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to lead and motivate teams (PwC and Client)
- Ability to lead project teams in planning, mobilisation, and delivery.
- An understanding of the commercial elements of a business, with an understanding in trade-offs in working capital allocation
- Experience in translating spend insight and analysis into measurable benefit
- Experience in supporting complex IT procurements and/or software audits
- Solid understanding of technology vendor licensing and service charging mechanisms
Risk is all around us and in our complex world, is changing all the time. Our teams bring people from diverse backgrounds together, using their skills and cutting-edge technology, to help solve complex problems. We are pioneers in a world of changing risk and our market leading services build resilient organisations. Join us and together, we can support our clients to rethink risk.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.