Goodman Masson are searching for an Investment Financial Controller to join a Private Equity backed, rapidly expanding Asset Manager based in the West-End.
The key purpose of this exciting growth role is to act as the lead finance person for a portfolio of investments to maximise returns for investors, whilst minimising operational risk. This high-profile role reports directly into the CFO and the MD of the Asset Management team, offering autonomy and freedom to create and own this exciting position.
- Responsible for legal entity accounts including detailed understanding of the balance sheet and its underlying transactions;
- Produce monthly and quarterly management accounts;
- Support the Deal Team and Asset Management team to assist in all stages of the investment cycle from due diligence, execution, funding, collections and disposal;
- Accurate tax returns (including VAT) produced for Group;
- Produce funding reports;
- Distribution of free cash to investors on a regular basis, in compliance with structuring of the deal;
- Address any other ad hoc request from clients / investors.
- Professional Qualification ACA, ACCA or CPA gained at an Accountancy Practice;
- At least 5 years' relevant post qualification experience within Financial Services;
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS/ other European GAAP an advantage;
- Ability to manage an investment from A to Z (Funding, Reporting, Production of Financial Information, Production of Tax information, liquidation);
- Strong analytical skills;
- Self-starter and able to work on own initiative;
- Ability to manage a team and interact within a group.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.