A career within Regulatory Risk and Compliance services, will provide you with the opportunity to help companies rethink their approach to risk and create a sustainable risk advantage. We’re a part of a unique client proposition, assisting our clients develop proper internal controls by leveraging analytics and technology solutions to underpin efficient execution of governance, to optimise their risk and compliance policies and processes, and improve business performance.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
About the Team
We are part of a 50 people strong Treasury UK practice and a global network of 400 Treasury SMEs within PwC.
Our FS Treasury team has a successful track record in working with clients across a broad spectrum of the Financial Services industry, including banks, payment services, PE and insurance companies. Our clients are predominantly London based and we also operate across UK, Europe, Middle East and Emerging Markets.
Leveraging our unique position as the only solely FS focused Treasury team, we help our Financial Services clients meet their Treasury requirements spanning across target operating model design & implementation, system design & roll-out, regulatory change, operational & control optimisation, programme management and filling Treasury roles through secondments.
We work closely with other specialist teams within PwC including consulting, regulatory, actuarial and tax to successfully deliver independent advice to our clients.
To support our revenue growth and create further space to develop and build our team, we are seeking for a senior Treasury specialist to join us at Senior Manager level.
The role will lead advisory business development and delivery with Financial Services clients in areas including:
- Benchmarking Treasury function effectiveness, including providing detailed review of policies and procedures.
- Designing & implementing Treasury Target Operating Models transformation in line with good peer practice.
- Enhancing process and controls around cash, liquidity and market risk management.
- Optimising balance sheet management activities and improved ALCO & Board reporting.
- Performing second & third line oversight of Treasury activities.
- Advising on internal/external funding including debt issuance & buy-backs.
- Leading Treasury regulatory & management change.
- Supporting system enhancement, assessment of functionality, selecting system vendors, rolling-out related functionality and associated technology
The daily responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop treasury management solutions for our clients
- Review & recommend on client’s key risks & controls
- Plan and oversee client projects, managing delivery teams and internal & external stakeholders
- Prepare reports and present recommendations to client senior management teams
- Prepare business cases and costs benefit analysis in support of projects
- Develop and win new business through marketing and sales activities
- Build and maintain a network of client contacts
We are looking for individuals with strong knowledge of Financial Services, change, control and advisory skills with an understanding of good practice across governance & controls, processes, systems and people to lead our engagements.
Our team has built a reputation for hosting regular thought leadership meetings across industry sectors, which has allowed us to build a wide network with clients, in support of revenue growth and strong pipeline of future work. The role actively participates and drives components of these meetings.
- Treasury qualification
- Treasury management within Financial Services or Corporates
- Leadership of teams
- Project & change management
- Senior stakeholder and Client relationship management
- Drive and determination to succeed in a fast pace environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Attention to detail
Nice to Have
- Consulting within Financial Services
- Knowledge of Treasury policy and procedures documentation
- Treasury / Asset Liability management system implementations
- UK banking regulation on capital and liquidity
Risk is all around us and in our complex world, is changing all the time. Our teams bring people from diverse backgrounds together, using their skills and cutting-edge technology, to help solve complex problems. We are pioneers in a world of changing risk and our market leading services build resilient organisations. Join us and together, we can support our clients to rethink risk.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.