Private Client Tax Senior Manager job with Big 4 firm in Cambridge, London or Reading
Private Client Tax Senior Manager opportunity with Big 4 firm in Cambridge.
Opportunity to join a team which specialises in advising privately owned companies and wealthy individuals, families and their businesses on managing their personal and company tax affairs in the UK and abroad.
Typically work in this area will focus on the issues affecting the owners of a business (individuals, PE houses), as well as the general corporate aspects. Collaboration with other areas of the business enables us to work holistically with clients to find solutions to achieve their plans. As well as general Private Business and Private Client practitioners, our client is very interested in recruiting Senior Managers who wish to have a focus in a specific expertise which could include Deals Tax, Real Estate Tax or International Tax.
- This is a key role in a growing team, working closely with experienced Private Business Partners and Directors and having responsibility to develop new client relationships, identifying and pursuing new opportunities from within our market.
- You will have responsibility for a diverse and broad portfolio of client engagements, including privately owned or family owned businesses and private equity portfolio companies.
- Developing market leading relationships with both our interesting clients (including many well-known brands) and internal stakeholders, collaborating across the firm when developing client relationships or delivering complex projects.
- Maintaining an expert level of relevant tax knowledge (both UK and overseas), staying current with technical developments including changes in tax law and legislation.
- Advising clients and internal stakeholders on the latest tax technical issues, including delivering sessions at client / knowledge events.
- Supervising, coaching and providing regular feedback to Managers, Senior Associates and Associates within the team while also keeping more senior stakeholders updated of progress.
Essential skills and experience
- The successful candidate will possess initiative, drive and the proven ability to work with and help lead a growing team, possessing the personal skills to maintain deep, trusted long-term relationships with our clients and contacts in the market.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant and up-to-date UK (and some overseas) tax knowledge - varied experience of more complex tax issues facing privately or family-owned businesses, private equity portfolio companies and business owners.
- Strong project management skills - able to manage several demanding client projects while remaining resilient and planning workload for self and others.
- Excellent communication skills - the candidate will be expected to be the point of contact on complex client engagements in their portfolio while supporting a range of stakeholders including client contacts and colleagues
- Excellent written communication - providing thorough and robust review of all written deliverables, including reports, technical memos and other concise advice for clients.
- Coaching and delegation - the successful candidate will help other Senior Managers and Managers in the team coach, develop and delegate to a team of associates and senior associates, helping them grow their tax technical expertise alongside their client management skills.
- Efficient use of technology - in managing client and contact relationships, pursuing opportunities and overseeing the delivery of analysis and written deliverables.
- ACA and/or CTA qualified.
Given the vast majority of compliance work is managed by dedicated compliance teams, this role will offer you exposure to a high standard of tax consultancy work on a varied portfolio with great opportunities for career advancement.
For more details and to receive the full job specification or to discuss please contact Cara Whyte at Hays 07502377206