The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have a new permanent opportunity for a Finance Partner to join our team based in our London Brock Street office 1 day a week, Milton Keynes office 1 day a week and working from home for 3 days.
Reporting to the Head of Finance you’ll provide a full finance partnering service to support the achievement of effective financial control for the designated regions and improve current and future financial performance.
What we’re looking for
You will need to have experience of supporting Asset Management/ Responsive repairs and maintenance teams, working with senior stakeholders and be able to provide high quality financial reporting and analysis.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Experience of finance partnering and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed insightful management reports.
- Experience of reviewing and analysing business processes to achieve financial improvements.
- Experience of forecasting and budgeting using data analysis, challenging the output, and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Technical excellence and experience of contributing to the statutory accounts process.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills.
- Experienced in complex financial and work management systems.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Experience of using Oracle Financials or equivalent finance system.
- Experience of managing projects.
- Relevant experience within the construction industry or an in house maintenance operation
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.