Why Join Us?
Credit Risk transformation competency within PwC Risk Consulting is a newly established, fast growing, and diverse team aimed to deliver tangible business results for our banking clients helping them to transform the way they do lending.
We are a unique team with hands-on experience in credit transformation with deep understanding of end-to-end credit processes in both Retail and Commercial banking. Our team members combine both industry and consulting experience, and we have a proven track record of credit risk transformation delivery across a wide range of banking clients.
We help our clients to transform their lending proposition and end-to-end processes, using new digital technologies (such as transitioning to cloud and leveraging new AI/analytics capabilities), manage credit risk with more agility through times of economic uncertainty and take advantage of emerging leading practices to improve financial performance and gain competitive advantage.
We have an inclusive, collaborative, non-hierarchical culture where everybody is encouraged to contribute. We are passionate about the development of our people, and good ideas, hard work and commitment are rewarded. We are committed to work-life balance and having fun. This makes the PwC Credit Risk transformation team an ideal place for talented people to realise their potential.
We are looking for people to join us who are excited by being at the cutting edge of transformational change in banking lending and have relevant experience.
As a manager you will be delivering complex credit risk related client engagements within the Risk function and Business, leading or co-leading key workstream(s) within larger client engagements. You will have line management responsibility for junior team members and interact directly with client stakeholders, often owning specific deliverables on assignments. Your role will also include supporting internal proposition and thought leadership development on our offerings, and supporting the sales process through proposal development.
The main responsibilities within the role will include:
- Understanding clients’ needs and challenges across the end-to-end lending process and helping to design and deliver solutions
- Delivering exceptional outputs to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, aligned to our own quality criteria, by:
- Shaping, planning and executing complex workstreams as part of client projects, with support from Senior Managers, Directors or Partners
- Developing the hypotheses and insights to unlock challenging client problems
- Undertaking analysis, translating the analysis into useful findings and quality assuring the results in conjunction with project leadership
- Developing clear, persuasive and concise documents, including ones for Executive audiences
- Leading data gathering required to solve complex problems
- Building productive and lasting client relationships at all levels
- Managing the development of junior team members on projects and identifying opportunities for them to grow and build their skills
- Building relationships within the PwC Network and proactively contributing to internal, firm-building activities
- Upholding the PwC’s code of ethics and business conduct
Skills and Experience
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate that they can manage tasks on projects and deliver the highest quality outputs. They should be of an intellectually curious mindset and interested in continually developing their professional and technical skills.
- Experience in project-based, team-oriented environments (4+ years)
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- In-depth knowledge of strategic topics in Credit for Retail, Small business, or Corporate banking, such as:
- products (segment/channel) strategy
- front-to-back credit processes, data and platforms
- pricing and economics
- data driven decision support, etc.
- Good understanding of credit risk management frameworks, operating models and organizational design, as well as credit risk and conduct regulation across banking and developments in this area
- Understanding of technology challenges within the Credit Risk and Banking industry
- Understanding of the banking industry landscape in the UK and across Europe
- Adaptability and resilience to work on multiple workstreams and upskill in areas where required
- Relevant consulting / advisory experience in banking and capital markets
Risk is all around us and in our complex world, is changing all the time. Our teams bring people from diverse backgrounds together, using their skills and cutting-edge technology, to help solve complex problems. We are pioneers in a world of changing risk and our market leading services build resilient organisations. Join us and together, we can support our clients to rethink risk.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.