Finance Analyst, Birmingham City Centre, £35,000
HAYS are delighted to be partnering with a £billion turnover Manufacturing organisation to recruit for a Finance Analyst on a permanent basis. This role sits within my client's largest division, contributing circa 50% of my client's annual turnover, offering the successful candidate the opportunity to become part of a busy and successful finance team. As Finance Analyst the successful candidate will report into the Operations Finance Manager and be responsible for providing assistance with financial insight, analysis and support to the Finance function. You will work closely with your Manager to provide analysis focus on efficiencies, waste, costings, overhead cost control, capex and inventory management.
This role is being offered on a permanent basis, with hybrid working on offer, and an annual salary of up to £35,000.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Analysing past results, performing variance analysis and identifying trends to support decision making.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Translating data into a simple solution with your analytical mindset
- Ensure operational reporting across all sites is robust, accurate and reflects the true performance of the sites.
- Providing trending analysis and highlighting any financial risks to the Operational Finance Manager.
- Consolidation of the weekly/monthly reports
- Lots of work on our systems so will be the liaison with IT and the site Finance teams
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Be a part-qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Have a strong desire to learn and progress quickly
- Be a people person, able to influence senior stakeholders to further the finance agenda
- Have advanced computer skills and financial systems (ERPs:- Navision, SAP BPC, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Be confident in challenging people and an expert in influencing stakeholders
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.