Interim Financial Accountant
- Hays Senior Finance
- Bristol, England
- Closing date
- 26 Dec 2022
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £150 - £300 per day, £300 - £450 per day
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
5-6 month interim finance role starting ASAP
Your new role
- 5-6 month interim financial reporting role (minimum)
- To support a business with consolidation & year - end processes
- Hybrid/ remote working options are available
- Ideally seeking a full qualified financial accountant
- Experience within the housing sector would be desirable
- Managing and assisting with the preparation, audit and filing of financial statements for both Joint Ventures and Group subsidiaries and to ensure compliance with all required deadlines
- Managing and help preparing financial statements for each legal entity and partnership under relevant reporting framework (IFRS, FRS 101 or FRS 102)
- Ensuring appropriate disclosure is made for any new accounting standards or significant changes in the businesses
- Liaising with regional finance teams to ensure all relevant information is collated to allow accurate preparation of financial statements
- Building relationships and working with external audit team to complete all required audits
- Liaising with company secretarial team to ensure timely filing of all financial statements
- Intercompany reconciliations and matrix
- To work with regional teams including finance and company secretarial to ensure all reporting and filing deadlines are comfortably met and any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- To maintain productive relationships with the Group's external auditors
- Reviewing quality of output from Statutory Reporting team
What you'll need to succeed
- Immediately available to start as they need to get a handover done before Christmas
- Need someone to pick up existing processes and drive them through a year-end process
- Year-end / consolidation experience essential for this role
- Financial reporting experience with a good understanding of accounting standards.
- Excel skills and IT literate are essential
- 2 weeks required fully office based in week beginning January 16th & 23rd weeks for their year-end
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working options available
- Opportunity to start as soon as this week
- Flexible interim finance role
- Paid weekly every Friday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Charles Maidment from Hays Bristol office this week.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
From CFO to Newly Qualified, we work with talented finance professionals and match them with organisations where they can achieve a lasting impact.
So much more than specialist recruiters in accounting and finance, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. All our consultants have strong relationships across the industry and the support of our extensive global network. That’s why organisations of all types and sizes – from international blue chips to SMEs – trust us to find the people who can help transform their business.
So, whether you want something local or international, permanent, or interim, we have the breadth of coverage and the depth of understanding to help you find it.
We have specialist recruitment teams in the following areas:
- Corporate Governance
- Credit Control
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Public Practice Accounting
- Public Services Accounting
- Senior Finance – Qualified
- Support, Ledgers & Bookkeeping
- Tax & Treasury
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert