Senior Audit Manager, public sector. Cambridge based with hybrid working. Competitive salary + bens
Senior Audit Manager required for Big 4 firm in Cambridge. A firm which prides themselves on creating an environment which is smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible than others. A firm which are embracing change and helping their clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, their clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
You'll help clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You'll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support them.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you'll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for public sector clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you'll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory. Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same.
Skills and attributes for success
- Lead and coordinate the planning and management of assignments;
- Ensure the technical correctness and presentational standards of all client deliverables;
- Deliver value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business;
- Assign a team that will meet and exceed the clients' expectations in standards of service and client care;
- Develop and maintain an appropriate external network of business contacts;
- Manage the delivery of other services to designated clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge in Government and/or Public Sector
- Previous experience at Audit Senior Manager level
You will be offered a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. The Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and you can select benefits which suit your individual needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
You will also be offered;
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role or would like more information please contact me in complete confidence on 07502377206 or email