The Guinness Partnership provides services to more than 140,000 customers in our 65,000 homes nationwide. With a turnover of £370m and a truly national presence, Guinness is one of the leading housing providers in the sector.
We are looking for a Reconciliations and Reporting Accountant to deliver a high quality reconciliation process and fixed asset analysis and reporting in accordance with agreed timetables and in line with accounting standards
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Reconciliations and Reporting Accountant to join our team in Oldham on a permanent basis.
We are looking to hear from candidates who have prior experience in producing balance sheet reconciliations and delivering continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will also have a background in controls, budgeting, forecasting, and working with large volumes of data.
We are currently working to a hybrid working style, working 2 days per week in the office and 3 from home. As such, it is a requirement for candidates to be able to work 2 days per week from our Oldham office.
- Support the Reconciliations team in producing accurate and timely monthly and year end reconciliations ensuring the related financial controls are robust.
- Ensure that all Balance Sheet accounts are fully understood, reconciled each month and are formally supported by independent data sources in line with accounting standards.
- Support monthly and year-end fixed asset processes by producing accurate fixed asset and grant-related reports in a timely fashion, liaising with external auditors as required.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable accounting standards and regulations; ensuring the impact to fixed assets of any changes is interpreted, reviewed and applied in a timely manner.
- Undertake ad hoc financial analysis/forecasting to support the business in effective and informed decision-making.
- Ensure financial controls are robust and are delivered at all times.
- Design and implement processes to verify balances within balance sheet reconciliations and proactively taking action to resolve complex reconciliation issues.
- Contribute to projects to deliver continuous improvement in the delivery of financial operations.
- Direct line management of two assistant accountants.
Essential Skills / Experience
You’ll be an experienced Reconciliations and Reporting Accountant and will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of fixed asset accounting in a complex business including liaising with external audit and producing technical reports for management as appropriate.
- Solid knowledge of fundamental accounting principles.
- Experience of producing complex balance sheet reconciliations.
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- CCAB or CIMA qualified accountant.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.