- Michael Page
- Alfreton, England, Derbyshire
- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum
- Closing date
- 5 Dec 2022
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Salary band
- £40,000 - £50,000, £50,000 - £60,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
A key member of the finance team, assisting senior management in making critical business decisions by analysing and presenting key financial data. Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations, VAT returns, and VAT compliance for all UK and ROI entities.
A leading manufacturer of innovative plastic pipeline solutions for the water, wastewater, energy & power, district heating and telecoms sectors.
- Supporting the FC to produce monthly management accounts for all business units in accordance with the reporting timetable.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are prepared monthly, and that all balances are correct, and differences investigated.
- Complete VAT returns on monthly and quarterly basis, Intrastat returns, and excise duty compliance.
- HMRC correspondence management and complete ONS returns.
- Main point of contact for managers for financial support and queries on P&Ls for overhead cost areas - predominantly SGA focused.
- Variance and trend analysis.
- Production and posting of journals including accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income.
- Maintain and agree rebate provisions including customer communication where required.
- Preparation of budgeting and interim forecasting for all overhead cost areas.
- Support in the production of accurate monthly and quarterly flash results for Financial Planning and Commercial teams.
- Support with year-end statutory audit process including annual stocktake
- Carry out reconciliations on all bank accounts, inputting payments, banking of cheques and preparing cash flow forecast.
- Process Improvement, explore and suggest ways to improve the day-to-day accounting processes.
- Proven experience as management/Financial accountant, accounting supervisor or similar role
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting
- Relevant certification (e.g., ACCA, ACA, CMA or CGMA)
- Strong interpersonal and business partnering skills
c.£45-55k per annum
Excellent benefits package
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert