A key member of the finance team, assisting senior management in making critical business decisions by analysing and presenting key financial data. Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations, VAT returns, and VAT compliance for all UK and ROI entities.
A leading manufacturer of innovative plastic pipeline solutions for the water, wastewater, energy & power, district heating and telecoms sectors.
- Supporting the FC to produce monthly management accounts for all business units in accordance with the reporting timetable.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are prepared monthly, and that all balances are correct, and differences investigated.
- Complete VAT returns on monthly and quarterly basis, Intrastat returns, and excise duty compliance.
- HMRC correspondence management and complete ONS returns.
- Main point of contact for managers for financial support and queries on P&Ls for overhead cost areas - predominantly SGA focused.
- Variance and trend analysis.
- Production and posting of journals including accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income.
- Maintain and agree rebate provisions including customer communication where required.
- Preparation of budgeting and interim forecasting for all overhead cost areas.
- Support in the production of accurate monthly and quarterly flash results for Financial Planning and Commercial teams.
- Support with year-end statutory audit process including annual stocktake
- Carry out reconciliations on all bank accounts, inputting payments, banking of cheques and preparing cash flow forecast.
- Process Improvement, explore and suggest ways to improve the day-to-day accounting processes.
- Proven experience as management/Financial accountant, accounting supervisor or similar role
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting
- Relevant certification (e.g., ACCA, ACA, CMA or CGMA)
- Strong interpersonal and business partnering skills
c.£45-55k per annum
Excellent benefits package