Corporate Tax Manager
- Michael Page
- England, Warwickshire
- GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum
- Closing date
- 26 Dec 2022
- Accounting - practice
- Salary band
- £50,000 - £60,000, £60,000 - £70,000
- Contract type
- Full Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
Managing the tax team and the delivery of a quality compliance service across personal tax and corporate tax compliance
Michael Page are pleased to be partnering with a leading independent practice who are looking to recruit an ambitious Tax Manager to join as a pivotal hire into their growing Tax team.
The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Tax professional. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover.
The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Corporate Tax Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Warwickshire are:
- Managing the tax team and the delivery of a quality compliance service across personal tax and corporate tax compliance;
- You will focus on delivering wide-ranging tax advice to the firm's clients, with a very mixed role across both personal and corporate tax;
- You will work on wide-ranging tax planning and advisory work with examples across capital tax planning, IHT, trusts, wills, property-related tax advice and tax implications and planning for succession for example;
- Significant involvement in corporate tax related work as well with the potential for involvement in mergers, sales and acquisitions tax advice, company reorganisations, R&D and other areas of corporate tax planning;
- You will look to grow and develop the firm's tax department, managing the team;
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work; and
- Additional line management from time to time of team members of the Client Services Department.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Corporate Tax Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Warwickshire, you must be:
- You will be any of ATT/CTA/ACA/ACCA qualified with a career background in tax compliance and advisory/planning tax, gained within an accounting firm, or tax boutique firm of any size;
- CTA qualified with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience;
- Technical skill set based around consistent CTA training pathways and with quick progression with continual client-facing experience;
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning;
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, rollover relief and gift relief;
- Ideally, you will bring a mixed tax technical skills across both personal and corporate tax advice;
- You may also bring a wider accountancy/mixed general practice background within your career, or equally may have focused entirely within the taxation sector throughout your career;
- You will have developed your career to at least Manager levels and be looking for the right career move where you can lead and develop a growing tax team and department; and
- A clear cut path to progress; along with looking to focus on advisory project work and deliver solutions to clients.
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Free parking
- Fantastic office location and modern office space
- Well-established and supportive team
- Clear route to Partner should that be of attraction
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of qualified accountants. In fact, our organisation was founded to provide selection and recruitment services for accounting professionals and has been a market leader in this field for more than 35 years.
We have earned the trust of clients in industry and commerce, the banking and financial services markets and the public and not-for-profit sector. We also have an exemplary track record of completing assignments for everyone from small, boutique practices to the Big Four firms.
Michael Page has pioneered a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, enabling us to find the best fit between our client’s needs and the candidate’s experience and abilities. With an emphasis on delivering results and establishing long-term relationships, our consultants waive commission in favour of quarterly profit share – that means impartial career advice and an entire team pulling together on your behalf.
Many of our consultants have a background in accounting and finance – that’s real, grass roots expertise at your disposal. Combine that with the global reach you get from a company that has over 164 offices in 34 countries and you’re looking at a pretty formidable package.
We are confident no other consultancy is better qualified to help you make that crucial, next step in your career. Take this opportunity to browse our accounting, tax and treasury jobs to find out more about our specific expertise:
• Industry and commerce
• Financial services
• Public and not-for-profit
• Specialist markets
• Newly qualified ACA
Alternatively, if you're looking to hire, please send us a job brief or get in touch to find out how our track record could add value to your recruitment process”
Visit the Michael Page website for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert